Saturday, May 9, 2009

COMPETITIVE EATING

SONYA “THE BLACK WIDOW” THOMAS, competitive hot dog eater, July 3, 2008
CZIKOWSKY: Has choking ever been a hazard at these contests? I presume there are people at the sides prepared to handle choking victims?
THOMAS: It is an International Federation of Competitive Eating requirement that EMTs be on hand at any eating event. Believe me, they are very strict about it. I was recently on a top news morning show and was just demonstrating how to eat hot dogs and they had an EMT standing by.
CZIKOWSKY: You work for Burger King? I’m surprised they don’t take advantage of your celebrity and have you making appearances at Burger Kings all around the world. (Hey, maybe they’ll read this.)
THOMAS: Hey, thanks for the plug. I’m up on the Burger King employee website as we speak. In fact, Jay Leno once said that he thought that maybe someday he might buy me a franchise. That would be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment