Saturday, May 9, 2009

OLD MAN IN THE MOUNTAIN

MARK FISHER, Washington Post Columnist, June 19, 2003
CZIKOWSKY: When the Old Man in the Mountain fell in New Hampshire, I was immediately struck that there is a New Man in the Mountain in that mountain. I have mentioned this to others in the press who do believe me when I show them the photograph and point it out. It is my suggestion that, after mourning the loss of the Old Man in the Mountain, that people in New Hampshire embrace the changing of time and celebrate the New Man in the Mountain. To date, though, I haven’t seen any journalist print that there is a recognizable face in the aftermath of the rockslide. I know this is a relatively minor issue in D.C., but it does mean something in New Hampshire.
FISHER: I was never much good at picking out the Old Man in the Mountain, so maybe I’ll have a better shot at it this time. I can’t find anything in those optical illusion books, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment