Saturday, May 9, 2009

FASHION

SUZANNE D’AMATO, Sunday Source Deputy Editor, July 24, 2007
CZIKOWSKY: Toe rings. In or out?
D’AMATO: This question made me laugh so hard I almost spit out my coffee! Um, were toe rings ever that actually “in”?

VALERIE STEELE, Museum at Fashion Institute of Technology Director, December 4, 2007
CZIKOWSKY: I know nothing about fashion but made an effort over the years to visit every museum in New York City. I want the public to know that you have done an excellent job with your museum. The displays were interesting and the descriptions were not "over my head," so that I was able to understand, learn and appreciate what it was I was looking at. I left feeling as if I had a much better understanding of something I had previously given little thought toward. I thank you and your staff, and for a question, do you consciously realize that your museum is both a learning experience as well as a display for those who wish to just look at clothes?
STEELE: Thank you for your message. I am especially pleased that you like our captions, because we consciously try to advance knowledge about fashion, rather than just displaying pretty dresses. Of course, we also want people to think "Wow. That's amazing," so we try to make each show beautiful AND intelligent.

No comments:

Post a Comment